Product Set-Up: Cut & Sew T-shirts
So you want to take advantage of all that sweet sweet real estate a t-shirt provides with all-over prints? Good! Then Cut & Sew all-over print apparel is just the thing for your Artist Shop! With Cut & Sew, you can use the entire area of the garment as your canvas.
How does Cut & Sew work?
- Designed & Engineered in California
- Handcrafted by Skilled Artisans
- 100% Premium Polyester
- High Definition Graphic
- Artwork on Front & Back
Setting up your Cut & Sew Design files
To get started here is some information for creating your print file:
- All Cut & Sew t-shirts require the Cut & Sew Print File Template- Download Template Here
- Your art file needs to be 60.253" wide x 54.32" high ( 9038 x 8148 px) to accommodate the largest print area.
- The recommended file types are .jpg, and .png.
- RBG color mode and 150 DPI.
- Tileable patterns or repeating designs are the easiest to work with.
- The neck taping will always be black.
- All cuts may have around a 1" margin of error, so the material can show more or less of the design shown in the template.
Only one art file is required to add each size of the Cut & Sew tees. The design will be scaled based on garment size and style as you can see with the XS blue line and the 4XL orange line below.
While the file should be set up for the largest garment, you’ll be able to see how the design fits in the smallest size as well. If your art file is a single image designed to be shown in the center of the garment, consider how the design will be sized on the smallest template and add as much padding as possible.
- The tee is assembled from five sections but has seven printable areas for designs.
- The tee body has a front and back panel that can be different designs.
- Each sleeve is a single panel with a front and back section.
Favorite Things pattern design from our Example Shop
All Good panel design from our Example Shop
Once your files are ready for uploading, add your files in the "Add Cut & Sew" section in the Add Product section of your Artist Dashboard. Select from Mens T-shirt, Mens French Terry, Womens Unisex T-shirt, and Womens Unisex French Terry T-shirt. If this is a new product, be sure to also add your Master Image, Product title, and Background Color. Hit 'Create Products' to add your new Cut & Sew products to your Artist Shop.
PRO-TIP: You can easily add Cut & Sew tees any existing design from the Products overview page of your dashboard. Simply flip the toggle to Active to add your custom Cut & Sew file. Once a file is uploaded, you can toggle on both the Womens unisex and other styles.