Creating an Email List
One of the best ways to promote your Artist Shop is with an email newsletter. This can be a powerful marketing tool to create newsletters, announce giveaways, highlight new products/designs, promote a sale or even to send a thank you to new customers. You can also integrate an email sign-up on your Shop page!
Step 1: Sign Up With An Email Service Provider (ESP)
This a service that will not just send your emails, but track how effective they are to you and your customers. Most ESP's will have templates, analytics, and be able to target specific customers. This is great for people who only want specific emails, like sales announcements, to keep people subscribed. Here are a few ESPs that we like:
- MailChimp (Can be used for a newsletter sign-up with your Artist Shop)
- Campaign Monitor (super easy drag-and-drop, image-heavy)
Step 2: Grow Your Email List
Adding your existing customers is a great start, but in order to increase sales, you'll need to grow your list. An easy place to start is your personal contacts. These are your friends, family, and maybe cool coworkers who are more receptive to these emails. However, make sure to include a way to opt-out in case they aren't interested. Here are a few ways to retain existing contacts and keep your list growing!
- Offer Your Audience Incentives for Signing Up
- A giveaway or contest is an exciting way to get subscribers
- Announce sales early
- Have custom designs available for a limited time
- Create and Offer Valuable Content Consistently
- Provide Your Audience with Other Options to Subscribe
- Promote Your Shop and Maximize Your Social Media Presence
Be sure to check out our Creative Resources blog for more info on email marketing!