6 Tips for Successful Sales & Promotion
Running a sale in your Artist Shop is a great way for you to increase sales right away, popularize your brand, and even find new customers. Yet there's more to having a successful sale than just updating your prices. Whether you are using Managed Promo Pricing or setting your own sales, here's six tips and tricks that will help make your first or next sale a success!
1. Getting Ready
Set up a game plan to run a more effective sale!
- If you haven't already, create an email list to send notifications.
- Completing your Shop's About Page will increase SEO and visibility on the web.
- Use a funny, clever, or otherwise engaging name or theme for your sale. Like Back to School or make one up!
- Make a Promotion Calendar to plan sales important dates like holidays.
- Taking advantage of sales run with Managed Pricing. Let Threadless manage your shop pricing and promotions in your Artist Shop with strategically varying incentives to help your sales grow.
- Opt into the Threadless marketplace Your items will be automatically included in certain Threadless.com sales and promotions, giving them a greater chance to be seen and sold and creating incremental sales for your Artist Shop!
2. Highlight the Value
It's about $, but not only about $. Add extra sale value with a dash of FOMO.
- Add unique designs or products only available during the sale.
- Show the % off on the site in addition to the strike-thru prices using the Artist Shop Pricing Promo tool if you set your Artist Shop prices.
- Run a raffle or giveaway during the promo period.
3. Update Shop Layout
- Add Custom Photos of the products you want to feature
- For some Layout ideas, check out a past Artist Shop collection challenge.
- Make a custom sale banner that emphasizes your sale.
4. Craft Meaningful Announcements
An interesting announcement will get a foot in the door and better engage customers.
- Pick the best time to send an email to your list. Tuesday at 10 AM is a great time to get it opened.
- Mind the subject line as 33% of email recipients open an email based on the subject line alone.
- Wording like "Get $ or % off" is better than "Save $", as it encourages more shopping.
- Consider buying online ads but make sure you've added Google Analytics to your Shop.
- Make a promo Gif!
5. Connect On Social
Make a personal connection for 45% more sales opportunities
- Say "Hi" to potential customers on all platforms and invite them to your Shop.
- Follow similar artists or brands to increase your site awareness.
- Make unique ads for each social platform.
6. Track Your Traffic
Knowing who visits your Shop can help you target them and set up return customers
- Attach a Facebox Pixel to any ads you run on that platform to measure results.
- Use the info gathered to make your next sale even more by targeted campaigns!
- It's worth saying it again, using Google Analytics will help you know who and where your customers are.
Be sure to check our Creative Resources blog for even more info on all things Artist Shop!